How Amazing Is Grace!
2 Corinthians 8:1-15
Paul's teaching to the Corinthians about supporting the Jerusalem church was much more than fund raising-it was all about the amazing power of grace to make people different.
I. An Explanation of Grace.
A. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 8:9
1. The Lord Jesus Christ modeled grace-"love in action."
2. Exchanging His riches for our poverty.
3. So we might exchange our poverty for His riches.
B. The grace that God gives. 2 Corinthians 9:8
1. Grace is appropriated by faith. Ephesians 2:8-10
2. Those whom grace graces are graced in order to become gracious.
3. For this to happen God continues to grace people:
II. An Experience of Grace.
A. The grace God gave the Macedonian churches. vv. 1-5
1. Their "most severe trial"-earthquake, flooding, persecution, occupation.
2. Their "rock bottom" poverty.
3. Their irrepressible joy. Philippians 4:4; 1 Thessalonians 1:6
4. Th ...
There are 2167 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1084 character sample of the full content.