Sociologists tell us that the ''father/child relationship'' is the weak link of the family. Whether or not this is true, Scripture has many helpful things to say about fathers, and when taken seriously, they lead to effective and blessed fatherhood.
I. Fathers from a Sociological Perspective.
A. The unique relationship of mother and child.
B. The unique relationship of father and child.
1. Father's relative distance.
2. The benefits of relative remoteness leading to respect.
3. The dangers of emotional withdrawal.
4. The advantages in the weaning process.
5. The challenge of balancing home and occupation.
II. Fathers from a Scriptural Perspective.
A. Fathers should be honored by their children. vv. 1 3; Colossians 3:20
1. It is ''right.''
2. It holds promise.
3. It pleases the ...
There are 1823 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 912 character sample of the full content.