John's stated objective in writing his gospel was to show people that faith in Jesus, the Son of God, is both reasonable and practical. It leads to "life in His name." (20:31) However, he added an epilogue-chapter 21-perhaps to present fascinating glimpses of this life.
I. The Life of Faith Includes Fresh Invitations. vv. 1-14
A. A fishing expedition.
1. A decision to do what comes naturally: "I'm going out to fish."
2. A wholehearted effort to do what seems to be the right thing.
3. A frustrating time of unrewarded effort: "They caught nothing."
B. A dramatic demonstration.
1. Unappreciated resources.
2. Unsolicited advice.
3. Unquestioning response.
4. Unprecedented success.
5. Unforgettable lesson: "It is the Lord."
C. A wonderful invitation: "Come and have breakfast."
1. A level of intimacy: "They knew it was the Lor ...
There are 1837 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 918 character sample of the full content.
Price:$4.99 or 1 credit
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.