Series: Psalms (1 of 14) by Stuart Briscoe
This content is part of a series.NOTE: This sermon is part 1 and 2 of a 29 part sermon series. Two sermons outlines are included in this download.
Part 1: How to Be Happy Though Human
The Declaration of Independence guarantees men and women freedom to pursue happiness. Most people will tell you that their basic aim in life is to achieve happiness. But even a casual survey of our society will show that happiness eludes many. Why should this be? This Psalm holds some answers.
I. The Philosophy of a Happy Man.
A. He rejects a godless philosophy. v. 1
1. Because it leads to disorientation.
2. Because it leads to disintegration.
3. Because it leads to disillusionment.
B. He embraces a god-centered philosophy. v. 2
1. He acknowledges the place of the Lord.
2. He accepts the rule of the Lord.
3. He appreciates the leading of the Lord.
Part 2: World in Tumult
I. An Evaluation of the Situation. vv. 1-3
A. The conditions. v. 1
1. International conflict (heathen rage-lit. nations in tumult).
2. Individual confusion (vain thing-lit. emptiness).
B. The Causes. vv. 2-3
1. The arrogance of the leadership.
2. The antagonism to the Lord.
3. The attraction to liberty.
a. Break the bands.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!