This content is part of a series.
NOTE: This sermon is part 7 and 8 of a 29 part sermon series. Two sermons outlines are included in this download.
Part 7: Silent Voices Among the Shrill
Many strident, shrill voices clamor for man's attention. But God intends to be heard too. He speaks through His Creation and His Word-silent voices amid the shrill.
I. The Immensity of God's Declarations. vv. 1-9
A. The silent testimony of creation. vv. 1-6
1. Testimony to God's Infinity. v. 1
2. Testimony to God's Fidelity. v. 2
3. Testimony to God's Immensity. vv. 3-4
4. Testimony to God's Majesty. vv. 5-6
B. The specific teaching of Scripture. vv. 7-9
1. The soul can be converted. v. 7a
2. The mind can be expanded. v. 7b
Part 8: Good News for Modern Sheep
God compares people with sheep. The analogy is hardly flattering but is extremely accurate. This Psalm shows what God does for sheep who will admit to the description.
I. The Sheep's Expression of Faith.
A. A practical expression: Shepherd! See John 10:3-4
B. A profound expression: Jahve is Shepherd!
C. A positive expression: Is!
D. A personal expression: My!
II. The Sheep's Experience of Faith. vv. 2-5
A. The freshness of faith.
1. The freshness of green pastures (satisfaction).