This content is part of a series.
NOTE: This sermon is part 25 and 26 of a 29 part sermon series. Two sermons outlines are included in this download.
Part 25: The Devotional Life
David was on the run in the wilderness. Danger and frustration lurked on every hand. But still he persevered with the chief priority-his relationship with his God. This he did through his devotional life. So must we.
I. The Definition of a Devotional Life.
A. The seeking of a soul. v. 1a
1. Seeking produces original contact with God. Isaiah 55:6
2. Seeking produces continual experience of God. 2 Chronicles 26:5
B. The satisfying of a soul. v. 5
1. Because of restored equilibrium.
2. Because of revitalized experience.
3. Because of renewed perspective.
C. The strengthening of a soul. v. 8b
1. Reminder of my position: "right hand."
Part 26: Praise the Lord
"Praise is the appointed consummation of our enjoyment of God" (C.S. Lewis). Therefore, it should be a regular and meaningful part of the believer's life! "Praise the Lord" (Hallelujah) is a scriptural command, not a noisy, unwelcome intrusion or a fatuous remark.
I. Praise the Lord in Your Worship.
A. Why should I praise Him?
1. Because praise glorifies God. Psalm 50:23
2. Because praise demonstrates salvation. Isaiah 61:1-3
3. Because praise encourages others. Colossians 3:16
4. Because praise enriches worshippers. Psalm 147:1
B. How should I praise Him?
1. By meditating.
2. By articulating.
a. Shout. v. 1
b. Sing. v. 2