This content is part of a series.
NOTE: This sermon is part 11 and 12 of a 12 part sermon series. Two sermons outlines are included in this download.
Part 11: Living with Loneliness
I. The Problem of Loneliness. v. 10
The Philippians who had been Paul's special friends and supporters had contacted him after a ten-year silence. So he understood loneliness.
A. The causes of loneliness.
1. The design of God. Lamentations 3:22-28
2. The demands of leadership. Numbers 11:14
3. The death of loved ones. Luke 2:35
4. The desertion of friends. 2 Timothy 4:11
5. The dictates of righteousness. Jeremiah 15:15-17
6. The desire of solitude. John 6:15
B. The curse of loneliness.
It can produce:
1. Selfishness. Luke 10:40
2. Bitterness. 1 Kings 19:10, 14
Part 12: Sharing
Christ strengthens His people at all times for all things. Often He does it through people who are willing to communicate (share).
I. The Point of Sharing.
My affliction. v. 14
A. Identification of man's affliction.
B. Interest in man's affliction.
C. Involvement with man's affliction.
II. The Principle of Sharing.
Giving and Receiving. v. 15
A. If you have received, give. Matthew 10:8
B. If you give, you will receive. Luke 6:38
C. The more you give, the more you'll receive.
III. The Persistence of Sharing.
Once and again. v. 16