OverWorking (2 of 4) by Fred Michaux
This content is part of a series.OverWorking (2 of 4)
Series: We Won't Back Down
-giveaway, explain the Titanic images…
-We Won't Back Down! (life verse for series, Acts 28:31)
-OverEating, OverWorking, OverSexing, OverSpending
-What are some consequences that you have experienced in your own life when you are not getting the rest you need?
We Won't Back Down…at City Life, we are going to courageously combat OverWorking, with a message of rest for us all!
• He makes up a word! Sabbatismos…uninterrupted rest…
• Din?? (a loud, unpleasant, prolonged noise…learned this week!)
• City Life sub-culture of word aficionados!
-Paternal Rest (Hebrews 4:2-3a)
-Purpose Rest (Hebrews 4:8)
-Perpetual Rest (Hebrews 4:10-11)
-Physical Rest (Hebrews 4:4b/Genesis 2:2)
-Mark 2:27/Ephesians 2:8 (consequence of rejecting God's gifts)
• Note: Looking to the history of Sabbath-keeping, we find that the Jewish Talmud specified 39 main categories of work prohibited on the Sabbath. Writing more than one letter of the alphabet was prohibited. Practicing medicine was not allowed, unless life was endangered. Hence, a man with a toothache could rinse his mouth with vinegar on the Sabbath, as long as he swallowed it (that was eating); but he could not rinse his mouth then spit out the vinegar (that was practicing medicine).
• HGTV episode…needed a light timer because couldn't operate a light switch on their Sabbath
-John 2:13-17 (what get's you angry about church?)
There are 3224 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1612 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!