This content is part of a series.
Five Absolutes Of Worklife Calling (2 of 4)
Series: Worklife Strategy: Reclaiming My Workplace As A God Place
Intro: Our work has a special and unique place in our lives as we gain clarity of our worklife calling. Jesus has sent us "into" the world to be salt, light, and a mighty influence. God has uniquely designed us and strategically deployed us to represent Him in the workplace arena. We experience great joy and deep satisfaction when we serve in our workplace with this perspective. This is more than finding the perfect job. It is knowing and experiencing God's will wherever we are and being in a place God can and will use us. Worklife clarity leads to understanding our worklife calling. When our calling is known and affirmed, we can and should have a clear purpose for our life including our vocation, our careers. This calling leads us to priorities, plans, and prayer. Let us pursue this lifestyle.
I. WORKLIFE STRATEGY
Worklife strategy: To lift our life at work to a new level of purpose and influence that turns every-day work into a dynamic mission
B. WORKLIFE CALLING
1. Calling: a strong inner impulse with divine influence that moves us toward a specific vocation or business or profession
2. Ephesians 4:1, Message In light of all this, here's what I want you to do. While I'm locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk - better yet, run! - on the road God called you to travel.
II. CALLED TO SERVE GOD IN AND THROUGH MY WORK
A. WORKERS IN THE BIBLE
God used people in their job workplace as a God place
• Abraham - rancher/shepherd
Rich - influence
• Nehemiah - cupbearer (butler)
Wisdom - admin
• David - shepherd
In his job for a nation - preparation!
• Ruth - gleaner - hard worker
• Joseph - governor of Egypt
Authority - influence - nation
• Ezra - scribe - intelligent - reader
Writer - professor
• Jehoshaphat - recorder: all songs, all words
There are 15782 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.