Overcoming Anger (6 of 6) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Overcoming Anger (6 of 6)
Series: Grow - Becoming the Spiritually Mature Person God Wants You to Be
Pastor Frank Damazio
INTRODUCTION: We have been exploring the subject of spiritual growth. All of us have a desire to be the person that God desires us to be. We desire Godly character with a healthy spirit, soul and body. A healthy soul is so important in sustaining true growth. We have dealt with our emotional world in the last couple of messages; today we deal with a strong and real emotion "in" all of us - anger.
Read Illustrations: A Father's Story and Autocide
I. RECOGNIZING THE POWER OF ANGER
A. Anger Scriptures
1. Genesis 30:2 And Jacob's anger was aroused against Rachel, and he said, "Am I in the place of God, who has withheld from you the fruit of the womb?"
2. Genesis 39:19 So it was, when his master heard the words which his wife spoke to him, saying, "Your servant did to me after this manner," that his anger was aroused.
3. Exodus 32:19 So it was, as soon as he came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing. So Moses' anger became hot, and he cast the tablets out of his hands and broke them at the foot of the mountain.
4. 1 Samuel 17:28 Now Eliab his oldest brother heard when he spoke to the men; and Eliab's anger was aroused against David, and he said, "Why did you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle."
5. 1 Samuel 20:30 Then Saul's anger was aroused against Jonathan, and he said to him, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness?
6. 1 Samuel 20:34 So Jonathan arose from the table in fierce anger, and ate no food the second day of the month, for he was grieved for David, because his father had treated him shamefully.
7. 2 Samuel 12:5 So David's anger was greatly aroused against the ma ...
There are 12745 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!