This content is part of a series.
The Importance of Encountering God's Presence (1 of 7)
Series: God's Empowering Presence
Pastor Frank Damazio
INTRODUCTION: The personal presence of God is not merely some "force" or "influence" that we seek, but a personal, real, life-changing presence of a living God who abides in us and dwells among us. Moses, the servant of God, had experienced the presence of God at the burning bush and it had changed his life. As he prepared to embark upon the journey to lead God's people into the vision God had given them, he gives God one stipulation-God's presence must go with him. Moses understood that God's presence was a sign of God's pleasure for His people and it would distinguish them from all others. Churches such as ours have a very specific view concerning the presence of God and a passion to lead people into that presence. We have a passion for His presence and believe it is important for each individual to experience the presence of God in their personal life as well as in our corporate gathering and to carry His presence into our homes, neighborhoods and workplaces.
• In business success is the bottom line
• In sports success is the win/lose record
• In television success is the ratings
• In politics success is the votes
• In the church success is the power, strong, abiding sense of God's presence.
• Empowering: To give physical power or force; to enable; to give official authority or legal power; something that is empowering makes you more confident and makes you feel that you are in control of your life; to invest with power; to make someone able to do something, or to make something possible.
I. A PASSION FOR HIS PRESENCE
A. Dictionary: zeal; ardor; vehement desire; love; eager desire
B. Hebrew hapes: To delight in, to take pleasure in, to desire, to be pleased with; to experience emotional delight; that which a person wishes strongly to have. The person is easily attracted to the object because of the intrinsic qualities within ...
There are 7233 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.