This content is part of a series.
Living In His Presence (4 of 7)
Series: God's Empowering Presence
Pastor Frank Damazio
Gen 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
2 Cor 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
• His Presence: omnipresence, everywhere
• Manifested Presence: place, cities, nations
• Personalized Presence: felt-realized, actual presence of God's presence that moves us, molds us, keeps us.
• Shadow: As the shadow of a man represented his likeness and proximity, so the shadow of God intimated the moral and spiritual presence of the living God among his people.
• In a region of burning heat, sand and rocks, a shadow was a place of enormous comfort! A place of protection!
Isa 51:16 And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, that I may plant the heavens, lay the foundations of the earth, and say to Zion, 'You are My people.'"
• God wills that we should push on into his presence and live our whole live there.
• Do you have an absence of personal presence?
Into thy presence we come
Not by any works we have done
But by thy grace and by thy grace alone
Into thy presence we come
INTRODUCTION: We are on a journey together to find the place of God's empowering presence. For each one of us personally and for our church corporately. We have defined the empowering presence of God and we have identified the departure markers of those who may have left their place of God's presence. Madame Guyon said, "I have found it easy to obtain the presence of God. He desires to be more present to us than we are to seek Him. He desires to give Himself to us more readily than we are to receive Him." "Close your eyes and follow your breath to the still place that leads to the invisible path that leads you home. No one else controls access to this perfect place. Give yourself your own unconditional permission to go there." (St. Teresa of Avila)
I. THE PATTERN OF APPROACHING GOD'S PRESENCE
• Exodus 25-40: The pattern of approaching His presence. The limitations upon Israel were:
- One man: the high priest
- One time: once a year
- One place: the most holy place
- One chance to do it right
A. The Tabernacle of Moses
1. The overview of the Tabernacle
The Most Holy Place: The Place of His Presence
2. The Approach
Exodus 29: I will meet with you. I will speak with you. I will sanctify you.
B. The Three Entrances to the Tabernacle
John 14:6 Jesus said to ...
There are 5554 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2777 character sample of the full content.
Price:$4.99 or 1 credit
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.