INTRODUCTION: This message deals with our God-inspired expectations: expectations concerning one's self, one's own future, and one's personal hopes and ambitions. The person who chooses to live life to the full will need to nurture a heart that is filled with God-given expectations. Our expectations are based on the God of hope. Our confidence is not in chance or good fortune but in the true and living God. If you have been disappointed by placing your expectations on a fallible person, as good as that person may be, you may be discouraged and hopeless or angry. Lift your heart and eyes and place your expectation in the God of hope. He never leaves your nor forsakes you. He loves you at all times and His word abides forever. He is trustworthy.
I. EXPECTATION DEFINED
A. EXPECTATION SCRIPTURES
1. Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Romans 15:13 May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! (Message)
3. Psalm 20:4 May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose.
4. Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5. Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick; but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
B. EXPECTATION DEFINED AND PRAYED
1. To have a strong desire and be filled with anticipation and confidence in obtaining what is hoped for and expected.
2. Lord, I believe You are good and You desire to release into my life wonderful, unimaginable, miraculous, great, and mighty things. Today I pray with large expectations by the power of the Holy Spirit. Enlarge my vision. Increase my faith. Secure my future.
II. THE FOUNDATION OF EXPECTATION IS DESIRE
A. DESIRE + HOPE + FA ...
There are 12168 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.