Introduction: Luke 8 describes the way Jesus traveled from town to town, bringing with Him disciples and attracting the sick and oppressed. One of those persons who followed Jesus was Mary Magdalene. Mary was a woman who was shown great mercy by Christ. Her condition before Christ entered the world was very similar to every person who lives without Christ. She was in need of healing, freedom, and mercy. She could not help herself. Christ revealed His gift of mercy to her.
I. WE NEED MERCY
1. Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us…
2. Luke 8:1-2 It came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities--Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons.
3. John 8:1-11: Woman caught in adultery
B. YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO GOD AND WONDERFULLY PUT TOGETHER
1. Psalm 139:13-16 For You formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.
2. "We are the result of God's marvelous workmanship. He designed us. He made our bodies wonderfully complex. He was present from the moment of conception, is present every moment we live, and will be present when we die. Let us think for a moment about what God sustains for each of us. It is estimated that as adults our bodies contain sixty trillion cells that have all been carefully organized to perform life's various functions in harmony. Consider these facts about the human body:
a. Our nose can recognize up to 10,000 different aromas.
b. Our tongue has about 6,000 taste buds.
c. Our brain contains ten billion nerve cells. Each brain nerve cell is connected to as many as 10,000 other nerve cells throughout the body.
d. Our body has so many blood vessels that their combined length could circle the planet 2½ times.
God also customized each of us with our own special DNA blueprint, which is contained within every single cell. It has been estimated that if our individual blueprint were written out in a book, it would require 200,000 pages. And God knows every word on every page!"
3. Story of worshippers in India: "They were tapping on trees and stones whispering, 'Are you there? Are you there? To the god they hoped might reside within the trees."
II. WHAT I DESERVE: DEATH AND JUDGMENT
A. THE BIBLE'S POSITION
1. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal ...
There are 17253 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.