Ten Ministry Non-Negotiables
Introduction: When you build your life and vision around God and His word, there are certain things that are unchangeables or non-negotiables. The fixed elements you build upon will keep you from changing course for the wrong reasons or allowing trends and other pressures to push you around. Know what you won't and can't change.
Proverbs 4:27 Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil.
1 Timothy 1:6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk…
I. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEGOTIABLES AND NON-NEGOTIABLES
A. THE NEED FOR NON-NEGOTIABLES
1. The church is going through spiritual identity adjustments: What kind of church should we build to match today's person while remaining Biblical?
2. Today's leaders are moving between a modern and post-modern society; a now generation of thinking and reasoning that has no root system.
3. Today's leader is transitioning from a simple church model to a complex church model with the necessity of making the complex simple.
4. Today's leader is challenged to become contemporary, combining spiritual power, spiritual life and the Word of God. This is the doorway to cutting edge ministry.
5. Today's leader must know what the non-negotiables for ministry are in all ministry contexts.
B. DEFINING NEGOTIABLES AND NON-NEGOTIABLES
1. Negotiables: those things which can be compromised or transferred for the sake of mutual agreement or consideration; those things which are optional, unnecessary and a matter of personal choice or preference.
a. Cultural trends
b. Ministry shifts in practices
2. Non-Negotiables: those things that are firmly established and cannot be adjusted or compromised; those things which are mandatory and are demanded by principle.
C. THE PROCESS OF CHOOSING YOUR NON-NEGOTIABLES
1. The leader must have a biblical philosophy of ministry.
A philosophy of ministry is a set of principles th ...
There are 10959 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.