This content is part of a series.
Prodigal Returns (4 of 4)
INTRODUCTION: Jesus is alive; He is risen; He is not in the tomb or grave; death could not hold Him down. The resurrection is the most profound foundation to the Christian message: our leader lives! The alive savior seeks out all people to know Him personally and to live a life under His lordship. Jesus came to seek and save the lost and today, celebration day, Jesus seeks to move in your life and to make all things new. God is closer to you than you think and more eager to connect with you than you can imagine.
1. When a person experiences a time in life when he/she awakens to the realization that something is missing, stolen, or gone. They are in a condition of lostness and in desperate need of Jesus to restore him.
2. Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to find and restore the lost. (Message)
The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them. (NCV)
1. The lost-found parables of Luke 15
a. Parable of the lost sheep
b. Parable of the lost coin
c. Parable of the lost son
2. Parables of the Father's Heart: the love of God is seen in the father heart of God, a loving, forgiving, longsuffering, unchanging, trustworthy Father who comes to you to heal your brokenness and restore you to wholeness.
3. Parable of the Prodigal: The story Jesus tells about a son who chooses a life of wrong and selfish decisions which result in hopelessness and brokenness, until he comes to an awakening and returns to his father.
C. WHAT HAVE YOU LOST?
8. ''In the middle of the journey of my life / I came to my senses in a dark forest / For I had lost the straight path.'' The Divine Comedy, Dante
''Dante had been on the losing side of a failed revolution, and as a result he had been exiled from his beloved city of Florence (Italy). He knew that if he ever returned, he w ...
There are 11535 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.