This content is part of a series.
Great Vision Takes Possession (3 of 3)
Series: Great Vision For A Great Church
Introduction: Great vision is a vision that is as big as our great God. In the last three messages, we saw that great vision takes a great church, great faith, and a great challenge. Now we will look at the last element of great vision: possession.
When Joshua commissioned the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh to possess their land, he told them to go up, cut down, drive out, and take possession:
And Joshua spoke to the house of Joseph-to Ephraim and Manasseh-saying, "You are a great people and have great power; you shall not have only one lot, but the mountain country shall be yours. Although it is wooded, you shall cut it down, and its farthest extent shall be yours; for you shall drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots and are strong."
• The great end of life is not knowledge but action.
• Martin Luther: God loves not the questioner but the runner.
• The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps. We must step up the stairs!
• Little strokes fell great oaks.
I. "IT SHALL BE YOURS" IS A FAITH PROMISE THAT REQUIRES FAITH POSSESSION
A. TAKING POSSESSION IS BELIEVING WHAT GOD HAS SAID, THAT IT SHALL BE YOURS.
Definition of "possess:" to occupy (by driving out previous tenants, and possessing in their place); to seize, to inherit; to take possession of.
1. Genesis 15:17-21 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates-the Kenites, the Kenezzites, and the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, and the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."
2. Exodus 23:31 And I will set your bounds from the Red Sea to the sea, Philistia, and from the desert to the River. For I will deliver the inhabitants of the ...
There are 23846 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.