This content is part of a series.
Origins - Back to the Future (2 of 32)
INTRODUCTION: Friday night Back to the Future came on Television. We were reminded what the 80's were like and as we ate breakfast Sat. morning our kids got to hear all about how cool life was in the 80's. I swore I would never do that, but I do.
• We talked about the Movies - E.T. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gremlins, Rockie, Ghost Busters!
• We talked about TV Shows - The Greatest American Hero, Duke of Hazzard, Dallas.
• We talked about Singers - Debbie Gibson, Tiffany
• We talked about Fashion - tight rolled jeans, pony tails on the side of your head, zipper jackets.
Now as much as I enjoyed the 80's I really don't want to relive them. I mean maybe for like a Saturday I want to roll my pant legs up and watch Teen Wolf. But I really don't want to go back to a day before Microwaves, Flat screen TV's, Remote Controls!!!
Here's the point - in each of us there is a longing for a time long since gone. I don't mean the 80's I mean LONG since gone.
• You sense it every time you go to a funeral. It's not supposed to be like this.
• You sense it when you work and find your labor difficult and you know deep down, it's not supposed to be like this.
• You sense it when you try to make marriage work and you find it terribly difficult at times.
• You sense it when you feel distant from God.
There was a time and a place where man and woman lived in perfect fellowship with God and each other. Think of it - NO FIGHTS.
• Adam never said, "You don't cook like momma"
• Eve never said, "I could have married hundreds of other guys"
There was a time when work was fulfilling and purposeful. There was a time when you spoke to God and He always spoke back.
CONTEXT: That's probably what the Hebrews felt when they first read Genesis 2.
Remember - To really understand Genesis don't go first to the class room of Quantum Physics, but rather go to the dessert plains of Moab some 3,500 y ...
There are 11718 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.