Destruction Of Moral Absolutes (3 of 4) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Destruction Of Moral Absolutes (3 of 4)
Series: Building A Biblical Marriage
Introduction: Something is wrong. Our western culture no longer seems capable of controlling ourselves in our pursuit of pleasure, ease, and material gain. The "good life" has brought corruption, greed, and a self-destructive morality. The truth is that the devil is a liar and our culture has bought into his lies.
I. LIES: THE TACTIC OF THE ENEMY TO DESTROY WHAT GOD INTENDED
A. THE ENEMY MIXES TRUTH WITH LIES
1. The enemy will take a little slice of truth and mix it with a little slice of human reasoning, a little slice of people's opinions, shake it all together and hand you a twisted, distorted, counterfeited truth.
a. John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
b. Romans 1:25 …who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
c. John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
2. The enemy will usually only tell you half the truth or part of the truth and never tell you the consequences of believing that half-truth, as he did with Adam and Eve.
B. DEFINITION OF A LIE
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true
2. False material or information given with the intention of deceiving and conveying a false impression
3. Any statement or act designed to deceive another person in order to hurt him or her
II. THE MORAL ABSOLUTES FOUNDATION IS BEING DESTROYED
A. MORAL ABSOLUTES DESTROYED BY RELIGIOUS HUMANISM
The roots of secular religious humanism go back to 1933 and the writing of the Humanist Manifesto. It was this event that brought the beliefs and objectives of secu ...
There are 19928 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!