God's Design for Marriage (4 of 4) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.God's Design for Marriage (4 of 4)
Series: Building A Biblical Marriage
Introduction: This is the last message in this marriage building series having laid foundations carefully: six marriage building Foundations and the serious marriage challenges, marriage building begins as a single and with moral purity, the destruction of the moral absolute foundation, and the 12 lies about sex before marriage. This message will endeavor to understand God's idea for marriage as seen from the first marriage - the original marriage. We need to know what marriage is, where it comes from, and what it is meant to be. We need to know what man is, what woman is, and how they are different. The Bible's account of the original marriage in Genesis is God's pattern for every marriage.
Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."
Genesis 2:24-25 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
Proverbs 5:18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice with the wife of your youth.
The builder's commitment: I commit myself to a biblical standard as I prepare for marriage and as I build my marriage. I commit to build with proven, biblical tools and I will always continue improving my marriage.
The builder's attitude: I purpose to seek God's best for my personal life, my marriage, my family, and my church. I will excel as a marriage and family builder and I will be a strength to my church and in my culture.
I. THE GOOD, THE VERY GOOD, AND THE NOT GOOD
A. THE "GOOD" OF CREATION
1. Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
2. Genesis 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
3. Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
4. Genesis 1:18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
5. Genesis 1:21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
6. Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
B. THE "VERY GOOD" OF CREATION
1. Genesis 1:31 ...
There are 12224 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!