Preparing For Spiritual Battle (3 of 6) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Preparing For Spiritual Battle (3 of 6)
Introduction: We are believing God that we will become strong in our spirit, soul, and body as we seek the Lord and absorb His mighty presence into our life. We will be strong in prayer and strong in battle. The strong believer is one who understands the strategies of the enemy and wisely prepares for warfare. The enemy of our soul has certain patterns and repetitions in his attacks. If we are caught unprepared, unarmed, asleep and negligent, then we will fall prey to his strategies. Let us awake and put on the armor of God now, today. Don't wait another moment!
I. AWAKENING TO SPIRITUAL BATTLE
A. STRONG IN SPIRITUAL BATTLE
A person who is strong in spiritual battle has sincerely surrendered their life to God, believing God has given everything needed to be victorious in the spiritual realm and to be strong in the stand against all forces of darkness.
B. PREPARING FOR SPIRITUAL BATTLE
Believe the invisible world exists and you must make a definite decision to do all that is necessary to be ready for spiritual battle. You live in the presence of evil powers that seek to destroy your life. There is no truce, no hiding, and no retreating.
C. AWAKENED FOR BATTLE
1. To awake is to cease sleeping, to be aroused, to awake, to stir up, to be alive.
2. Romans 13:11 Knowing the strategic season, that it is an hour now for you to awake… Time is running out. Wake up!
3. Prayer: Father, create a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me, cleansing me and blotting out my transgressions by the power of Jesus' blood. Do not keep a record of my sin because I have truly repented and turned away from my wicked ways. You are my healer and restorer, and I close the door to the enemy today and align myself to the cross of Christ. I am free. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.
II. PERSONAL STEPS TO BECOMING STRONG FOR BATTLE
A. BELIEVE YOU ARE IN A SPIRITUAL WAR
1. Believe you are at war
a. The enemy has purpose to destroy your life any way possible. There is no hiding, no retreating, no giving up or giving over any ground.
b. Believe the truth that in the end we win.
Revelation 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
c. Believe that Christ in you is stronger.
1 John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
2. Believe you are a Target
You are a target and the enemy comes to steal everything from you that could be whole, healing, fruit-bearing, anything that could extend the kingdom of God and help others.
3. Believe you can lose ground
You can lose ground and the enemy will quietly and persistently take away ownership little by little.
4. Believe defeat is costly. ...
There are 15322 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!