This content is part of a series.
Rediscover The Benefits Of Church (3 of 4)
Series: Rediscover Church
Introduction: Rediscovering the powerful benefits of belonging to a biblically-based local church will revive your heart and deepen your love for God's house. Some people never see the awesome benefits. Some do see them, but never really do anything about it. And some see them, pursue them, and make them reality. We all need a feeling of belonging to something: family, friends, team, and church. We will belong to something. For some it will be the wrong something such as gangs, cults or groups that will destroy their life. For some it will be right things such as family and church.
I. REDISCOVERING THE BENEFITS OF CHURCH
To rediscover is to discover again; to encounter a place, thing, or experience you have encountered in the past; happiness repeated; placing a fresh or renewed value on something; to revalue.
B. REDISCOVERING CHURCH
1. Psalm 92:12-14 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing.
2. Psalm 36:8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your pleasures.
3. The church is people who are joined together to live, to go after their dreams, to pray, worship, grow, change, marry, raise families, and go through hard times and good times.
II. THE JOY OF BELONGING
A. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FEEL YOU BELONG
1. To belong means I'm a part of something where I can give and receive
2. To belong means I feel love, acceptance, and affection. I am cared for.
3. To belong means I am not useless. I can make a difference. I am important.
B. BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO CHRIST AND HIS CHURCH
1. Definition: something that aids or promotes well-being; to gain advantage or ...
There are 19379 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.