8 Absolutes for Growing a Personal Hedge (2 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.8 Absolutes for Growing a Personal Hedge (2 of 5)
Series: Hedges - Growing Strategic Spiritual Hedges
Introduction: We are in a serious pursuit of growing strategic spiritual hedges around all areas of our lives. We know we have enemies - the world, flesh, devil - that are always seeking to invade our life, break down our hedges, and destroy the work of God in us. The hedges we build are spiritual and have spiritual power to protect. We have looked at building our prayer hedge, now we go on to building our personal hedge.
I. LAYING THE FOUNDATION
A. DEFINITION AND SCRIPTURE
1. ''Hedges'' is used in Scripture to illustrate God's divine strategic protection around His people against any and all weapons, intentions, and attacks of the enemy seeking to harass, harm, or destroy God's work in us and around us.
2. Our key verse is Job 1:10, ''Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land'' (NIV).
3. The five hedges we need are:
• Prayer hedge
• Personal hedge
• Relational hedge
• Possessions hedge
• Favor hedge
4. The personal hedge is built by activating all essential spiritual disciplines that secure a vibrant spiritual life and contribute to the ongoing fortification of the hedge.
B. THE HEDGE AROUND US
1. Job 1:10 - ''Around him'' - to be encircled, every side, no gaps, surrounding, multiple objects positioned placements encircling the objects in the middle, every placement of the protecting hedge is strategically placed.
2. Ecclesiastes 1:6 - ...And the wind returns upon its circuits...
Wind begins its circuit again and again, round and round, orbiting continuous circles so that all is covered. So is the Holy Spirit surrounding us with a continuous circling, orbit of Holy Spirit activity.
II. 8 ABSOLUTES FOR GROWING A PERSONAL HEDGE
1. Personal hedges must be personally c ...
There are 15602 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!