This content is part of a series.
Growing Your Relational Hedge (3 of 5)
Series: Hedges - Growing Strategic Spiritual Hedges
Introduction: We are making progress as we see the absolute importance of growing our strategic spiritual hedges around our lives. The hedge is something we are responsible to grow. We understand the world, the flesh, and the devil are continually, persistently seeking to break our hedge down and find a way to destroy our life and others around us. We are committed to growing strong, powerful hedges right now and ongoing in our life. We will not be like the slothful man mentioned in Proverbs who neglects the hedge and invites trouble. Job had built a hedge around his "household," around his home, and all connected to him. It was a hedge around his possessions and a favor hedge.
I. HEDGES FOUNDATION
A. DEFINITION AND SCRIPTURE
1. "Hedges" is used in Scripture to illustrate God's divine strategic protection around His people against any and all weapons, intentions, and attacks of the enemy seeking to harass, harm, or destroy God's work in us and around us.
2. Our key verse is Job 1:10, "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land" (NIV).
3. The five hedges we need are:
• Prayer hedge
• Personal hedge
• Relational hedge
• Possessions hedge
• Favor hedge
B. THE RELATIONAL HEDGE
1. Job 1:10 …around…his household - all God-given relationships
2. The relational hedge is built by establishing biblical boundaries to guard the relationships God has placed in your life by keeping out all things that hurt, damage, or destroy any relationships.
1. Relationships: multi-faceted connections between people of all ages, in all places, for all of life, that bring fulfillment and enhance our destiny. These must be guarded wisely and persistently.
2. Every relationship God has placed in your lif ...
There are 5687 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.