The Favor Hedge (5 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.The Favor Hedge (5 of 5)
Series: Hedges - Growing Strategic Spiritual Hedges
Introduction: This is the final message in our Hedges series. I believe we are making great progress in building these five hedges the Lord sets before us. We now take on the last hedge, and a very significant hedge: our favor hedge. I believe this message will lift your spirit, encourage your heart, and expand your expectation. Favor often shows up in hard times, in storms of life. When our world falls apart, God's favor shows up just in time to show us His kindness and goodness.
A. DEFINITION AND SCRIPTURE
1. "Hedges" is used in Scripture to illustrate God's divine strategic protection around His people against any and all weapons, intentions, and attacks of the enemy seeking to harass, harm, or destroy God's work in us and around us.
2. Our key verse is Job 1:10, "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land" (NIV).
3. The five hedges we need are:
• Prayer hedge
• Personal hedge
• Relational hedge
• Possessions hedge
• Favor hedge
B. THE FAVOR HEDGE
1. The favor hedge is built by recognizing, believing, receiving, and declaring the favor of God us upon my life. It requires a mindset that believes God's favor is for me.
2. "…You have blessed the work of his hands…" invoking divine favor both now and in the future: favorable circumstances, endue with power for success, prosperity, longevity, and influence
3. Psalm 5:12, NIV Surely, LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield.
4. Favor prayer: Lord, today I believe, receive, and declare I have Your favor in my life. I am strong, I am blessed, I am a victor not a victim. I am succeeding and what I set my hand to do will prosper. I am a whole and favored person because of Your grace.
II. FAVOR HEDGE BUILT B ...
There are 10837 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!