This content is part of a series.
The Atmosphere Of Prayer Intercession (1 of 6)
Introduction: Every church has its own culture, its own feel or atmosphere about them. Church culture is its behavior, values, beliefs and principles. Together these build what would be identified as the atmosphere of a church. The spiritual atmospheres we encounter have a manifold effect upon our mind, will, emotions and spirit. The atmosphere a person engages often has the power to change and shape them into whatever is in the atmosphere. Atmosphere can build up your spirit or corrupt and tear down your spirit. Atmosphere can improve your attitude, encourage and build you up or it can weaken your attitude. The believer should be very careful to be in the right atmosphere or learn how to be protected from harmful atmospheres. In this series, I want to establish how to build a corporate church gathering atmosphere, how the atmosphere is a vital part of spiritual life and health, and how each person plays a key role in building, sustaining and enjoying this God-saturated atmosphere.
I. ATMOSPHERE NATURALLY AND SPIRITUALLY
A. ATMOSPHERE DEFINED
1. An atmosphere is a pervading or surrounding influence, a general mood or environment.
2. The word atmosphere is used in reference to a feeling, a mood, an impression, a climate, an emotion, or an experience.
B. A SPIRITUAL ATMOSPHERE
1. A spiritual atmosphere is marked by:
a. The Presence of God
b. The Holy Spirit moving
d. Open heavens
e. River flowing
2. There is a spiritual atmosphere over:
a. Our nation
b. Our state
c. Our city
d. Our church
C. ATMOSPHERE SCRIPTURES
1. 2 Chronicles 5:13-14 Indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying: "For He is go ...
There are 10628 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.