This content is part of a series.
The Atmosphere Of A Praying Church (2 of 6)
Introduction: The praying church is a Holy Spirit filled church. Wherever prayer is passionate, people are passionate. Prayer is the fire that burns up the dross and refines our spirit. Prayer is the power that moves the people of God forward into the mighty works of God. Prayer surrounds everything, is under, over and around everything. Prayer is the air we breathe. Our burden is to always have a powerful prayer atmosphere. E.M. Bounds said, "The secret of success in Christ's kingdom is the ability to pray. The one who can wield the power of prayer is the strong one, the holy one in Christ's kingdom. The most important lesson we can learn is how to pray."
I. AN ATMOSPHERE OF POWERFUL PRAYER
A. POWERFUL PRAYING IS…
1. Communion with God
2. Invading the impossible
3. Standing in the gap
4. Building up the hedge
5. Crying out to God
6. Stretching out with expectation
7. Unleashing the power of God
8. Our dependence on God
9. Spiritual warfare
10. Spiritual breakthrough
11. Hearing from God fresh and new
12. Petitioning the Lord specifically
13. Pouring out of the soul to God
B. THE ATMOSPHERE OF PRAYER
1. E.M. Bounds: "Prayer lays hold upon God and influences Him to work. Prayer puts God's work in His hands and keeps it there. Prayer is the divinely appointed means by which man comes into direct connection with God."
2. Acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
3. Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
4. Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
II. ATMOSPHERE OF A PRAYING CHURCH
1 Timothy 2:1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giv ...
There are 17666 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.