The Belt of Truth (1 of 6) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.The Belt of Truth (1 of 6)
Series: The Believer and Spiritual Warfare
Introduction: We have examined Ephesians 6:10-13, we now go on to Ephesians 6:14 and begin our study of each piece of the armor of God for the believer. The believer is to put on the ''whole armor'' of God, leave no piece out. It is God alone who knows the enemy and exactly the piece that is essential to you if you are to continue standing. Every single part of this armor is absolutely essential. The first thing you have to learn is that you are not in a position to pick and choose which piece you will use or which piece you will leave out. The whole includes every single piece; never neglect details. Leave no unguarded piece in the soul. Each piece must be put on with prayer. The enemy may defeat your mind, your reason, your arguments, your common sense, your psychology, and your will power. Your only hope to obtain victory is to obey the scriptures and put on the whole armor of God.
I. THE BELT OF TRUTH
A. EPHESIANS 6:14
1. Amplified: Stand firm, hold your ground, having tightened the belt of truth around your loins.
2. NLT: Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness.
3. Message: Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place…
4. NKJ: Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness…
5. Hendrickson: Having fastened the belt of truth around your waist.
B. THE BELT OF TRUTH
1. The first piece
2. The central piece
3. The personal piece
4. The essential piece
C. THE BELT OF TRUTH OR GIRDING UP OF THE LOINS
The belt of truth, or the girding up of the loins, was associated in Hebrew and Greek thinking with the idea of readiness or preparedness. A Roman soldier would never leave his garments blowing in the wind. He would tuck them into his belt, pulling the gar ...
There are 11855 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!