This content is part of a series.
The Breastplate Of Righteousness (2 of 6)
Series: The Believer And Spiritual Warfare
Introduction: We are dealing with the believer's tools in spiritual warfare, as explained in Ephesians 6. Today we are dealing with our second piece of armor, the breastplate of righteousness. The breastplate
protected the vital organ of the soldier. The breastplate protected the solder in hand to hand combat and also unexpected arrows coming at him from all directions. Am I living the kind of life that enables me to engage in this conflict?
I. THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
• Amplified: Breastplate of integrity and moral rectitude and of right standing with God.
• New Living Translation: Breastplate of God's approval.
• New American Standard Bible: The coat of mail put on integrity
• Godspeed: Put on righteousness as your coat of mail, the breastplate of uprightness
A. THE BREASTPLATE
1. The Greek word, Thorax, covered the body from the neck to the thighs, it was known as a Heart Protector or the Heart Guard.
2. Protection - "Preserves the principal part of the body - the breast where the vital organs of man are closely house together. The breast represents our inner life, our motives, our emotions, our feelings."
B. THE BREASTPLATE OF "RIGHTEOUSNESS"
1. Righteousness - "Virtue or quality of one who is upright, acceptable to God, purity, correctness in thinking, feeling and acting."
2. Integrity - "Wholeness, innocence, without any evil motivation in the heart, ethically sound."
3. God's Approval - "To commend, to be pleased with, to be thought of as worth."
4. Uprightness - "To live honestly, not deviating from correct moral principles, integrity in principle and practice, clear conscience before all."
C. THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS SPEAKS OF:
1. Spiritually, the breastplate is the devout and holy life, moral rectitude (Hendricksen).
2. Spiritually, the breastplate stands for uprightnes ...
There are 10902 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.