The Helmet Of Salvation (5 of 6) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.The Helmet Of Salvation (5 of 6)
Series: The Believer And Spiritual Warfare
Introduction: We now move to the fifth piece of armor in the Apostle Paul's treatment of the believer's spiritual warfare. The helmet of salvation, protection for the head, i.e. the mind, the thoughts, the vital part of our victory lies in our ability to think right. We are expected to give intelligent consideration to the process of overcoming and to learning how to counteract the attacks of the enemy in our lives. Galatians 6:9 says Let us not be wearing in well doing...simply from feeling the heat and the burden of the day.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
I. THREE ASPECTS OF SALVATION
A. SALVATION DEFINED
1. Greek: soteria - deliverance, preservation, salvation; deliverance from danger and apprehension; the spiritual and eternal deliverance granted immediately by God to those who accept His conditions of repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus; God's power to deliver from the bondage of sin
2. Webster's 1828 Dictionary: the act of saving; preservation from destruction, danger or great calamity; the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death and conferring on him everlasting happiness - this is the great salvation.
B. THREE ASPECTS OF SALVATION
2 Cor. 1:10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us.
1. Justification (Spirit) - Past salvation - "Hath delivered us"
Our position in Christ delivers us from the penalty of sin.
2. Sanctification (Soul) - Present salvation - "Doth deliver us"
Our progress in Christ frees us from the power of sin.
3. Glorification - (Body) Future salvation - "Will deliver us" - Our future hope is to be delivered from the presence of sin.
C. SALVATION HELMET - OUR PRESENT SALVATION
1. Lenski Commentary: "T ...
There are 10077 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!