This content is part of a series.
Approaches to Living Life (1 of 5)
Series: Proverbs - Roadmap for Living
Introduction: Life is to be lived according to the design and wisdom that God has set forth in His word. Proverbs is God's book to us that sets forth how to live life successfully as one walks the path of wisdom and rejects the way of folly, foolishness, and evil. Proverbs depicts the imagery of a person at a crossroads with one path leading to life and the other path leading to a life of trouble, shame, disappointment, bondage, and ultimately life destruction. At the crossroads, Lady Wisdom stands and calls out inviting people to follow the roadmap of wisdom. Let your ears be attentive and your heart open to the voice of wisdom that begs you to follow the roadmap, stay on the right path, and read the signs carefully.
I. THE BOOK OF PROVERBS
A. THE AUTHOR - SOLOMON
1. Solomon was visited by God and received a God-impartation of divine wisdom (2 Kings 3:4-13).
2. He wrote 3000 proverbs and 1,0005 songs (2 Kings 4:32).
3. The Song of Solomon was written when he was young and in love. Proverbs was written when he was middle aged and his intellectual powers were at their peak. Ecclesiastes was written in his old age when he was disappointed and disillusioned with the carnality of much of his life.
B. PROVERBS DEFINED
1. Proverbs: A Roadmap
a. A set of proven, God-given guidelines.
b. A series of steps to be taken carefully
c. A God-philosophy for living a blessed and successful life
2. Proverbs definition: A proverb is an object lesson based on or using some comparison or analogy. It may be a short saying that provides a general truth, a lesson drawn from experience, or a sharp contrast between two things. A proverb is to help us choose the best course of action in any circumstance.
C. PROVERBS SECTIONS
1. Twelve Crossroads, Proverbs 1-9
2. Solomon's Proverbs, Proverbs 10-22
3. Words of the Wise, Proverbs 22-24
4. Solomon's Prov ...
There are 9163 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.