What's In Your Bag? (1 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.What's In Your Bag? (1 of 5)
INTRODUCTION: The imagery used in this series will help us identify those areas in our life that are unnecessary - the excess baggage that Jesus desires to help us with. Maybe you are a one-bag person, maybe you have multiple bags, or even a trunk stuffed full of things you don't need. Carrying excess baggage through life is not the way God intended life to be lived. In this message, I desire to build an atmosphere of freedom, empty your life of all those things you have packed, but you know better. Let it go! Empty the trunk!
I. DEFINING BAGGAGE
A. THE WORD HAS SYMBOLIC MEANING IN OUR CULTURE
1. Something you pack things into.
2. Not everyone has the same sized bag because not everyone has the same amount of baggage.
B. DICTIONARY DEFINITION
1. Suitcase, trunk, personal belongings, luggage, bags
2. Things, objects, circumstances, experiences, and beliefs that get in the way.
II. FOUR KINDS OF BAGGAGE
A. THE HANDBAG PERSON
1. Things you have packed into your life that are a nuisance, but manageable. This bag is mobile.
2. Instead of dropping the bag, you build your life around it, carrying it into your work, your relationships, and your church.
B. THE CARRY-ON BAG PERSON
1. Things you have packed for special seasons of life and special events
2. This baggage comes out at times when it may be inconvenient, or unforeseen.
3. Things in life that have never been brought to a closure.
C. THE SUITCASE PERSON
1. Things you have packed for a getaway and escape from reality, hoping to not bring them back.
2. Pack up feelings and emotions and leave to get away from it all.
D. THE TRUNK PERSON
1. Things you have put into your life trunk, locked, and have put into the attic.
2. Significant events in life that bring to memory again the things that were locked away and kept hidden.
III. WHAT EXCESS BAGGAGE ARE YOU CARRYING?
There are 4696 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!