Six Kinds Of People With Baggage (3 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Six Kinds Of People With Baggage (3 of 5)
Introduction: In earlier messages, we defined baggage and listed 18 possible things you may have packed into your bag. We also examined three possibilities of how you ended up with this excess baggage: it could be packed by life experiences, by the enemy of your soul, or by your own reactions and poor decisions. Whatever way and whoever did pack your bags, the one most important fact is that Jesus can handle your baggage. Unpacking your bag means you are deciding to get rid of excess baggage, allowing the Holy Spirit to open the trunk, and giving all bags to Jesus. Today, we delve into six different kinds of people who need Jesus' help with their baggage.
Luke 4:18-19 (MESSAGE) God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, "This is God's year to act!"
I. THE POWER OF JESUS IS PRESENT AND AVAILABLE
A. THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS PRESENT
1. Spirit of the Lord: Greek is pneuma, meaning breath, wind, life, life-creating, inspiration
2. The Spirit is in you, around you, and through you.
3. Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
4. Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring…
5. 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
B. THE ANOINTING IS PRESENT
1. Is the fresh touch of God upon our lives
2. Is the divine influence upon our human weakness
3. Is the divine power, grace of God, divine enablement that goes beyond human capacity, human strength. It is the power, authority, and honor of God.
4. Anointing - Greek: chiro: to smear, to anoint, to anoint oneself
a. Life is ...
There are 15483 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!