This content is part of a series.
Faith To Empty My Bags (5 of 5)
INTRODUCTION: Today is your day to receive a miracle from Christ. Today is your day to let go of all the unnecessary baggage in your life. Think about the miracle of Easter. The season centralizes upon three great truths: Christ died for my sins, Christ rose from the dead, and Christ lives now. The power of Christ today is seen in His love, mercy, and grace and is freely given to all who receive. The miracle of Christ's resurrection is the miracle of your new beginning, your new life, your freedom from all life's baggage.
I. COURAGE TO FACE WHAT'S INSIDE MY BAG
1. Matthew 23:25-26 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
2. Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
B. TAKING AN INSIDE LOOK
1. "Don't look inside my bag. I'm not sure you will like what you see!"
2. Are you aware of what is going on inside of you? Are you uncomfortable when a conversation shifts to a topic that you are struggling with inside? Do you pretend to be more spiritual than you really are? Do you avoid subjects that put you in touch with unpleasant emotions?
3. Most of us know things about ourselves that no one else knows or would even guess; thoughts, fantasies, things we do in private, secrets. We know something is wrong. We feel the baggage of guilt.
C. FOUR WAYS TO FACE WHAT'S INSIDE MY BAG
1. Those who successfully ignore the inward a ...
There are 11965 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.