This content is part of a series.
All People Matter To God (12 of 24)
Series: How to Do Life
• Let's begin tonight by reviewing our "Core Values". 1) The Bible is our guide book. 2) God loves us and has a plan for us. 3) All People matter to God. 4) We seek to honor God in all we do. 5) The Local church (that's us) is the hope of the world. We can and have visited these 5 beliefs repeatedly in the last 5 years and perhaps God is urging us to revisit them again because tonight's text from James speaks directly to our third value, 'all people matter to God.'
• Consider the different emphasis and inflections from these 5 words. We may begin by drawing attention to the last 2 words know that God cares for all people. John 3 tells us that "God loved the world" and not just the chosen. Romans 5 tell us that God demonstrated His love in that while we were sinners He sent Christ to die for us. Based on these text we can then inflect the word 'matters' because scripture, history, and activity, clearly reveal God cares for us, His crown creation so we can now emphasize people. Joel Hemphill wrote many years ago, "God loves people, any shape any color any size. You don't have to be an angel to be really special in His eyes."
• Finally consider the word "ALL." "ALL" people matter to God. This word is encouraging, sobering, and convicting, because it is revealing. It encourages us to know that everyone is on God's radar, it is sobering because this means even those who are different than us has the heart of the Father, it is convicting because that person who we don't like, has hurt us, or even is antagonistic is one that God loves. Finally, when we say 'all' people matter to God it reveal the wickedness and corrupt of our hearts.
• One of the outstanding attributes of the Bible and particularly James is the fact that 'truth is given' while the chips fall where they may. Let's read our text.
• Let's re-read verse 12. The concept of 'freedom' or 'liberty' is ...
There are 11184 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.