This content is part of a series.
Revive My Vision (4 of 4)
Series: Alive - Reviving Spiritual Passion
Introduction: Zephaniah was a prophet during the time of Josiah, the great, great grandson of Hezekiah. He is a man with a direct and powerful message that leads from judgment to blessing. Zephaniah prophesies to the people to ''look within'', ''repent'', ''look around'' and see what God will do, and to ''look beyond'' and see how God will have a victorious people in the midst of great darkness. Acts 3:19-21 says, ''Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.''
I. ZEPHANIAH AND HIS MESSAGE
A. ZEPHANIAH: A VOICE TO HIS GENERATION
1. Zephaniah 1:1 The word of the Lord which came to Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hezekiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
2. God always has a voice for every generation that speaks truth boldly and inspires others to action. One voice can make a difference.
B. ZEPHANIAH'S MESSAGE
1. Look within
2. Look around
3. Look beyond
C. ZEPHANIAH'S TARGET
1. Zephaniah 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time that I will search Jerusalem with lamps, and punish the men Who are settled in complacency, who say in their heart, 'The Lord will not do good, nor will He do evil.'
2. He targets those whose greed and self-satisfaction had grown into a settled indifference toward God and His standards. They had a calloused unconcern and were hardened, complacent, and stagnant in spirit.
D. ZEPHANIAH REVIVES VISION
1. Vision of God sovereign
2. Vision of judgment and mercy
3. Vision of final things
4. Vision of God's people victorious
II. VISION TO LOO ...
There are 8681 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.