This content is part of a series.
Opening the Door to the Supernatural (2 of 4)
Series: Supernatural - Power Of God Today
Introduction: We are stretching our faith to press into the supernatural realm. This is the realm of God's unlimited power and unlimited possibilities. God is a God who can do anything. He is good and He is powerful. We are reaching with a mindset of faith, declaring faith and believing something supernatural is about to break upon me, my life, my world, and everyone around me. We have a righteous frustration, a satisfied dissatisfaction, and we are on the stretch. "Today" is our word - faith for the supernatural today. God can. God is able. God is willing. God is asking us to rise up and believe.
I. DEVELOPING THE SUPERNATURAL PERSPECTIVE
A. THE SUPERNATURAL PERSPECTIVE
1. A supernatural perspective is a way of thinking, reasoning, and considering that is based on the word of God and comes through having my mind renewed by the Word so that I view all things based on what God says, seeing and believing Him.
2. The supernatural perspective believes supernatural power is for today.
a. Hebrews 13.8 For Jesus doesn't change - yesterday, today and tomorrow, he's always totally himself. (MSG)
b. Yesterday - TODAY - Forever: Today refers to this hour, in this moment
B. PERSPECTIVE SHAPERS
1. Our worldview: The culturally structured assumptions, values, and commitments underlying a people's perception of reality
2. Our experience: All of us are hampered to a greater or lesser extent in our attempts to understand the experiences of others that we ourselves have had.
3. Personality or temperament: Our predisposition, motivation, degree of openness to new ideas, conservative or liberal view of life, optimistic or pessimistic outlook on life.
4. Our will
a. The will factor is simply that we will choose to view any given thing either as we have been taught to view it or differently.
b. When confronted with new information or a new e ...
There are 15668 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.