This content is part of a series.
Our House Is My House (1 of 2)
Series: Our House is My Place to Give
Introduction: "Love for the House" is taken from 1 Chronicles 29:1-20. We love God. We love the word of God. We love the Holy Spirit. We love God's house! The love for the house is a heart journey as we are planted in the house of God and become a connected part to the house and the house becomes our heart focus. We are marked by the house of God we belong to. Psalm 52:8 says, "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.". God's house becomes your house and you are able to give wholehearted devotion. A wholehearted approach will always release God's hand. When we come together with one heart, one soul, and one spirit, we create a structure that is made up of the powerful testimonies of God's people. We are His house as we love this house. Wade, like David, desire to make this house beautiful, provide for the house a great offering because we love the God of the house.
1 Chronicles 29:3 Moreover, because I have set my affection on the house of my God, I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house, my own special treasure of gold and silver.
I. LOVING THE HOUSE
A. WHAT LOVE IS
1. "If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." (Glenn, age 7)
2. "Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." (John, age 9)
3. "Most men are brainless, so you have to try more than once to find a live one." (Angie)
4. "I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." (Manual, age 8)
5. Love is when a person gets kissed for the first time and they fall down and don't get up for an hour! (Wendy, age 8)
6. "No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so pop ...
There are 10939 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.