This content is part of a series.
Connectedness Lost (1 of 3)
Introduction: This series will focus on Ephesians 4:16 as the pivotal scripture in Ephesians that speaks about the church as one healthy body of believers, joined together in one spirit and filled together as one congregation. We are a church; we are a family. Ephesians is one of Paul's prison epistles (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon). This could easily be called the epistle of the grace of God in and through the church, Christ's body.
I. THE EPH416 FACTOR
A. EPHESIANS 4:16
1. Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body, fitted together, and connected by every joint of supply, according to the working in its measure of each one part, works for itself the increase of the body to its self-building up in love. (Darby)
2. We are one church. We are Christ's body, joined together by means of every supporting ligament. The goal of the Holy Spirit is to have all parts in their proper position and in mutual relation, compacted together. You are a vital part in the health and growth of this congregation.
1. Biblical Community Defined: The intentional development of meaningful, long-lasting relationships, based on common biblical principles and purposes, resulting in each person having a sense of belonging, acceptance and significance.
2. Community is a Network: A net is a fabric made by interlocking thread by knotting and twisting them at the points where they cross each other. The strength of the net depends on the number of twists or knots made. The net must be pulled and stretched into place.
3. Community is
d. Increased Faith
e. New Friends
f. Other Viewpoints
j. Added Resources
l. Immediate Pastoral Care
n. Life Changing
II. THE 21ST CENTURY DISCONNECT EPIDEMIC
1. "Bowling Alone" is a book ...
There are 15835 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.