This content is part of a series.
Connected by Love (3 of 3)
Human love: Dearest Jimmy, No words could ever express the great unhappiness I've felt since breaking our engagement. Please say you'll take me back. No one could ever take your place in my heart, so please forgive me. I love you, I love you, I love you! Yours forever, Marie. P.S. Congratulations on winning the lottery.
I. HUMAN'S LOVE IS NOT LIKE GOD'S AGAPE LOVE
Ephesians 4:16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (ESV)
NET: As each one does its part, the body grows in love.
ISV: The body's growth is promoted so that it builds itself up in love.
Message: Grow up healthy in God, robust in love.
NET: So that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
A. AGAPE LOVE IS…
1. It is the God-kind of love that is willfull and directional.
2. It is love that knows what is best for a person, not what the person desires.
3. It is a covenant love based on commitment, not on emotion.
4. It is used to describe parental love or love from a spouse or family.
5. It is a compassionate love that is unlimited.
B. AGAPE LOVE DEFINED
1. ''Agape love is the highest level of love known to humanity, a selfless love, a love that is passionately committed to the well-being of others.'' (C.S. Lewis)
2. Love that places a high value upon someone, regarding them with favor and affection. It is a deliberate choice.
C. WHAT LOVE SAYS
1. Human Love Says
a. I will love you if you love me
b. I will love you when I get something out of loving you
c. I will love you when I feel emotionally connected to you
d. I will love you when it is convenient for me
2. God's Love Says
a. I will love you even if you don't love me
b. I will love you even if you don't do anything for me
c. I will love you when you are unlovable
d. I w ...
There are 14682 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.