This content is part of a series.
The Pruning Effect (3 of 4)
Introduction: Fruitfulness is God's will and desire for your life, that you would abound in more and more fruit. The living union we have in Christ is our secret to abiding and drawing up the resources hidden in Christ. The other key secret is the Father's pruning plan for your life.
I. FRUIT-FULL DEFINED
1. A fruitful person is one who is implanted and abiding in Christ - growing, increasing, abounding, flourishing and reproducing much fruit.
2. John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
B. THREE FACTORS FROM JOHN 15
1. The Husbandman - God, our Father, the vineyard owner: The farmer who works the vineyard, watching over it with great care and consistency.
2. The Pruning - Removing hindrances to fruit-bearing: To cleanse by cutting away the old, the unnecessary; a skilled cultivating and pruning, a sharp knife.
3. The Branches - Believers in Jesus: Believers whose life and growth depend on the vital union with the life-source.
II. THE FATHER IS THE VINEDRESSER
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser…
A. UNDERSTANDING GOD AS THE HUSBANDMAN OR VINEDRESSER
1. The word "vinedresser" more properly expresses the sense of the original word than "husbandman." It means one who has the care of the vineyard, whose office is to nurture, trim and defend the vine and who, of course, feels a deep interest in its growth and welfare. God takes care of all the branches on the vine with grace.
2. The Father-heart of God is seen in these verses as He gently and wisely deals with the branches. The branches need much care because they will bear much fruit.
B. THE FATHER GOD WATCHES OVER HIS VINEYARD
1. Isaiah 5:2 He dug it up and cleared out its stones, and planted it with the choicest vi ...
There are 17991 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.