Everyone is Commissioned By the Spirit (3 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Everyone is Commissioned By the Spirit (3 of 5)
Series: Becoming an Everyone Person
Introduction: We must be prepared and be ready to share the gospel when the opportunity arises. When the door opens, we must step through it. The Holy Spirit is the helper God has given us. He is our partner as we do kingdom work and move out into the ministry to people we all desire to have. This helper will equip us and is ready to flow through us at all times. He is the power we need to do the works of God. God has come upon us to fill us and equip us to do His mighty works and speak to people His mighty words. God has chosen you to be His mouthpiece . He will give you the ability to speak to people (Exodus 4:10) even if you feel like Moses who did not believe he could speak. God says, "I will be with you and I will use you."
I. EVERYONE NEEDS THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN PREPARATION
A. EVERYONE NEEDS PREPARATION
1. 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
2. Preparation Declaration: I must be ready to share the good news with anyone when the opportunity arises.
B. HOLY SPIRIT POWER
1. Micah 3:8 But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord…
2. Ezekiel 11:5 Then the Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and said to me, "Speak!..."
3. Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word.
4. Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
The Greek word for witness is the same word that our English word "martyr" comes from. To be witnesses requires death to self, death to the things that hinder the Holy Spirit (pride, selfishness, anger).
II. THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON CHRIST
A. SCRI ...
There are 12569 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!