This content is part of a series.
Building a Church with a Unified Mission (6 of 6)
Series: Building an Acts 2 Church
Introduction: Unity is not natural in our fallen world. Division and fragmentation are signs of sickness. The enemy is at work. Sin causes divisions and separations. Cohesion and unity are God's ways and are evidence of His presence. Unity is not an option. It is an essential. It may be the difference between hitting the mark and missing the mark. Unity is the cry of the Holy Spirit to the church.
I. THE A2 CHURCH BELIEVES IN UNITY
Acts 2:46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.
Acts 4:24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: "Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them."
Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.
Acts 5:12 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.
A. THE A2 CHURCH COMMITMENT
The A2 church is committed to living and working together with one heart, one soul, and one vision.
B. THE A2 CHURCH BELIEFS
1. The anointing on any one of us is not as powerful as the anointing on all of us.
2. Unity overcomes the insurmountable and reaches the unachievable.
3. Unity brings to us the power to make the impossible possible and to change dreams into reality.
II. THE CHURCH CALLED TO UNITY
A. WORDS DENOTING UNITY
1. Agree in the Greek is sumphoneo and means to harmonize as in one accord; to cooperate together; to bind together as in agreement.
2. To gather together is to draw together; to bring together; to join together.
3. One accord comes from the Greek word homothymos meani ...
There are 18328 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.