The Door to Worship! (4 of 9) by Dennis Marquardt
This content is part of a series.The Door to Worship! (4 of 9)
Series: Open Doors
Leviticus 8:1-36; Romans 12:1-2
TEXT: Lev. 8:1-36; Romans 12:1-2
INTRO: Sunday morning ... for those who go to church they get up, get dressed, get in the car, and head off to church! That is about as much preparation for worship that the average Christian has!
People spend more time preparing for meals, preparing for any special event than we do for worship! We prepare for work, we prepare for going on vacations, we prepare for guests who come to our house, but rarely do many Christians prepare for worship! We have great expectations on what we want to receive from a worship service at church, but don't think often of what we need to do before we get there!
If we are not focused properly, we will miss much of what the experience is suppose to be about!
Like anything else, if you look at the wrong stuff, you miss the joy for the reason you're there! Many people don't enjoy church because they don't understand the reason they are there, or what church is about.
ILLUS: LIKE THE MAN WHO DECIDED ONE DAY HE WOULD NO LONGER GIVE HIMSELF TO SPORTS ... HE WAS GIVING UP ON SPORTS! HE STATED THE FOLLOWING REASONS FOR WHY HE WOULD QUIT ATTENDING ANY SPORTS EVENTS:
1. EVERY TIME HE WENT, THEY ASKED FOR MONEY!
2. THE PEOPLE HE SAT NEXT TO DIDN'T SEEM FRIENDLY!
3. THE SEATS WERE TOO HARD AND NOT VERY COMFORTABLE!
4. HE WENT TO MANY OF THE GAMES, BUT THE COACH NEVER CALLED ON HIM ONCE!
5. THE REFEREES MADE DECISIONS THAT HE COULDN'T AGREE WITH!
6. THE GAME SOMETIMES WENT INTO OVERTIME AND HE WAS LATE GETTING HOME!
7. THE BAND PLAYED SONGS HE DIDN'T KNOW, AND IT WASN'T THE KIND OF MUSIC HE LIKED!
8. IT SEEMS THE GAMES ARE ALWAYS SCHEDULED WHEN HE WANTED TO DO OTHER THINGS!
9. HE SUSPECTED THAT HE WAS SITTING NEXT TO SOME HYPOCRITES, THEY CAME TO SEE THEIR FRIENDS AND THEY TALKED DURING THE WHOLE GAME!
10. HE WAS TAKEN TO TOO MANY GAMES BY HIS PARENTS WHEN HE WAS GROWING UP!
11. HE ...
There are 16030 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!