This content is part of a series.
The Door of Prisons! (5 of 9)
Series: Open Doors
TEXT: Acts 16:16-40
INTRO: While most of us will not experience landing in jail or finding ourselves locked in a prison cell, there are ways that our heart can be taken captive and our minds locked up in painful situations! These times of "prison" are painful ... and we often wonder why God permits these. When such times come however, we need to be aware of the opportunities for ministry that await us ... and to look forward to the time when the door of the prison will be opened again! These are not wasted times in God's plans ... but there are certain things we need to do when such times come if we are to see God's hand at work ... and the prison doors opened for us by God's power!
As Christians there are times that come that are uncomfortable ... we are not exempt from "bad days!"
ILLUS: YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A BAD DAY WHEN:
* YOU WAKE UP FACE DOWN ON THE PAYMENT!
* YOU SEE A "60 MINUTES" NEWS TEAM WAITING IN YOUR OFFICE!
* YOUR BIRTHDAY CAKE COLLAPSES FROM THE WEIGHT OF THE CANDIES!
* YOU TURN ON THE NEWS AND THEY'RE SHOWING EMERGENCY ROUTES OUT OF THE CITY YOU LIVE IN!
* YOUR TWIN SISTER FORGETS YOUR BIRTHDAY!
* YOU WAKE UP TO DISCOVER THAT YOUR WATERBED BROKE AND THEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A WATERBED!
* YOUR HORN GOES OFF ACCIDENTLY AND REMAINS STUCK AS YOU FOLLOW A GROUP OF HELL'S ANGELS ON THE FREEWAY! - SOURCE UNKNOWN
Seriously, how we do handle those times when everything seems to go wrong, when our emotions become "imprisoned" and we feel trapped! What do we do when things go so wrong that we find ourselves in great pain, physically, emotionally, or spiritually?
If we are to see the prison doors open and see ourselves free there are certain things that can be done to facilitate this ... and when done, we will find ourselves being set free ... even if we are still in prison!
There is victory for those in prison!
PROP. SENT: ...
There are 21590 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.