Marriage! (1 of 5) by Dennis Marquardt
This content is part of a series.Marriage! (1 of 5)
Series: Great Issues Of Life
Genesis 2:18-25; Hebrews 13:4: Proverbs 5:15-23; 1 Peter 3:1-7; 1 Corinthians 7:1O-17
INTRO: One woman's response to why she had a happy marriage on her 50th wedding anniversary was this: On her wedding day she decided to make a list of ten of her husband's faults that she would be willing to forgive or overlook for the sake of their marriage. A guest asked her to share some of those ten things ... this was her response: "To tell you the truth, I never did finish the list ... but whenever my husband did something that made me hopping mad I would say to myself, "Lucky for him that that was one of the 10!" - Source Unknown
Marriage is never completely smooth or easy! But it can be a blessing when some of the God created dynamics is adhered to: Some important "rules" are necessary for healthy marriages...
a. There must be both give and take ... even God who loves everyone won't allow everyone to go to heaven unless the sinner responds by giving himself back to God in love!
b. Like a narrow bridge ... there will be fewer "collisions" if there is a yield sign on BOTH sides of the bridge!
c. Accepting forgiveness and giving it will be an absolute to keep going!
d. Like a building … it never gets built without workers, good marriages don't just happen ... they are built; and if you use rotten stuff to build with the possibilities are greater for collapse later!
e. While a marriage might be made in heaven ... we are responsible for the maintenance on earth!
PROP. SENT: Marriage is an honorable institution, the most basic and most important framework for society and for human health; spiritually, physically, and psycho-logically!
I. MARRIAGE BOND Gen. 2:18-25 Heb. 13:4a
A. Pleasant! Gen. 2:18,23 Heb. 13:4a
1. It is an honorable creation ... part of the "VERY GOOD" that God pronounced about His work of creation!
2. Unless someone is gifted by God to remain single, marriage is the natural state that God planned for the human race! (Male and Female were brought together by God; there was no other combination God ever made!)
3. It is noteworthy that God noticed Adam was not as happy as he could be ... giving Eve to Adam was God's desire to create in Adam an even greater joy! The statement by God, "It is not good for the man to be alone" clearly identifies that God knew something more was needed for a greater capacity in Adam.
a. Marriage therefore has this capacity ... to bring great joy!
b. God realized Adam needed something besides even God!
c. A wife for Adam was a "GOOD THING" in God's pronunciation.
d. Notice in Proverbs 18:22 "He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord" (KJV)
(1. It should be noticed that God added "favor" to those who finds a wife!
(2. This was a relationship of ONE MAN … with ONE WOMAN where it is stated that they "obtain favor from the Lord."
e. Sorrows could be divided ... their joys would ...
There are 15184 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!