This content is part of a series.
It's All about Faith (11 of 49)
Series: Romans- God's Glorious Gospel
• Turn with me to Romans 3. As I meditated over verses 27-31 this week I became more and more convinced that Paul's message to His readers was and is the title of this message, "It's all about Faith." We know that he's taken 3 chapters to set the stage for us to here this message of hope and help. Let's read 27-31.
• Reading these five verses alone could evoke a thought that this section doesn't refer to me. It begins with the question "where then is boasting?" and most of us might respond, I don't brag so this is a passage with which I do not have to be concerned. May I remind you that the very reason we preach through entire "books" in the Bible is to understand how every part is significant for me.
• Back in verse 23, Paul has announced the condition of mankind when he says, "ALL HAVE SINNED and FALLEN SHORT of GOD." Think about that, the implications for us are HUGE. We have sinned, fallen short of God's best, and have a problem which we are incapable of "fixing" on our own. Our problem requires a step of faith. If we are to be justified before a Righteous God, we must express faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. It is only by responding in faith to the drawing of God's Holy Spirit that we can gain God's righteousness. It is all about faith.
• Consider this; when we respond in faith, what happens? What transpired? How does life change? What can I expect? What are the characteristics or attributes that I will know? It is my sense that these five verses contain 3 personal, planned, and promised evidences for a person who has come to "faith in Christ". Remember, "Without faith, it is impossible to please God".
1) The Exclusion of Sin - (Verse 27)
• This sin which Paul names is "boasting" or "bringing glory to one's self." It carries with it the idea of arrogance. Remember, the Jews felt they had "earned" their right to God and heaven beca ...
There are 9659 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.