This content is part of a series.
Nazareth (2 of 4)
-talk about up coming January fast…(1/9, 1/15, 1/22, 1/26)…the book Fasting For Spiritual Breakthrough by Dr. Elmer Towns
-we are in a new series…
You and I are desperate for the nearness of God. All of all the ways we hope to grow in this life…the physical proximity of our Heavenly Father is essential. This Christmas, our greatest present will be His presence.
• Hebrews 4:14-16
• Hebrews 7:19
• Hebrews 10:22
-in this series entitled Near
1. Egypt, In the Heart (last week)
2. Nazareth, In the Least (this weekend)
3. Jerusalem, In the Church (18th and 19th)
4. Near (Christmas Eve)
5. Bethlehem, In the Spirit (12/31 and 1/1)
-Luke 2:1-20 (an angel, glory of the Lord, sudden multitude…no one else got this grand of a heavenly audience!)
• Nazareth (not mentioned even one time in the OT)
• Feeding trough (even after Jesus was born, no one gave up their room!)
• Shepherds (dirty, dangerous, unscrupulous reputation, low social standing)
There is a nearness of God in humble circumstances, In the Least, that is only possible when we are willing to journey into places and among people where being under-resourced is a daily reality.
-Geography (insignificance and obscurity)
• Basin, geographic depression
• 20 battle fields
• Mt. Carmel
• Elisha's house
• Jezreel where Jezebel died (surrounded by history!)
-Luke 1:26-27 (parents from there)
-Matthew 2:19-23 (parents reluctance, could a Messiah fulfill their destiny from a place of insignifcance)
-John 1:46 (Nathanael's comment, "…can anything good come from there…")
If we had written a story for the birth of a king into the world, would this have been our plan?
So how are we as a church family going to be journey "into places" and "among people" of In the Least?
-Matthew 25:31-46 (nowhere in this text are we excused from hel ...
There are 6832 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.