This content is part of a series.
The Paths of the Righteous (1 of 5)
Series: The Paths of the Righteous
1. The Better Path That Is Accepted
a) Guided by Divine Instruction
b) Gladdened by Divine Insight
c) Guarded by Divine Involvement
2. The Bad Path That Is Avoided
a) The Darkness of the Bad Path
b) The Death of the Bad Path
3. The Blessed Path That Is Attended
a) Blessings That Are Abundant
b) Blessings That Are Abiding
1. Henry David Thoreau said, "Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence."
2. For many the great question of life is which path should I take? As Thoreau suggested, "some path" should be taken, but again, what should that path be? Is it just some path? Is it any path that we may choose to take? Should I take "some path" just for the sake of taking a path, or is there a particular path I should take in life?
3. An August 12, 1969 news article from the San Francisco Chronicle read, "The blazing summer heat of the Death Valley area has killed two men and a youth who tried to reach habitation by setting foot across the desert." Arnold Dobson, Harold Mast Sr., and his son Harold Jr., apparently became stranded in the barren Saline Valley without water. One of the three bodies was found 7 miles from their abandoned car, another 14 miles, and the last 17 miles.
4. Deputy Red Landergren said, "It looks like they just went the wrong way." It would seem that they turned in the direction toward a ranch house they had passed 30 miles back. However, just a mile the other way was a grove of willows with a spring.
5. The paths that we take are important because the paths we take have consequences. If we take the wrong path in life and go in the wrong direction it can lead to tragic consequences. If the outcome of life is determined by the paths we take, and it is, then we should take great care in choosing the right paths.
6. In Proverbs chapter two, Solomon speaks of differe ...
There are 17563 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.