Gone But Still Speaking
1. A Life That Is Commended
a) The Highest Approval of Life
b) The Greatest Achievement in Life
2. A Life That Is Concluded
a) What Have I Done With God
b) What Have I Done For God
3. A Life That Is Continued
a) Gone But Still Bearing Fruit
b) Gone But Still Building Faith
1. D.L. Moody once said, "Someday you will read in the papers that D.L. Moody, of East Northfield, is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now, I shall have gone up higher that is all; out of this old clay tenement into a house that is immortal - a body that death cannot touch; that sin cannot taint; a body fashioned like His glorious body. I was born of the flesh in 1837. I was born of the Spirit in
1856. That which is born of the flesh may die, that which is born of the Spirit will live forever."
2. I think of Don Wyrtzen's song Finally Home:
But just think of stepping on shore
And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand
And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!
3. When D.L. Moody breathed his last in this world he caught the next in a heavenly world. The mortal became immortal. Earthly life was exchanged for an eternal life. Death for Moody, as well as all Christians, was but an exchange of an earthly home for a heavenly home. Yes, for all who are saved, when this life is over, they will be more alive than they are now.
4. It is also true that even though D.L. Moody has been dead for 112 years as of 2011, he not only continues to live in heaven, but he also continues to live on earth. The influence and impact of the life he lived continues to be felt through the ministries he started that are still existing today, as well as his writings and the testimony he left behind. In the words of Hebrews 11:4 D.L. Moody "being dead, yet speaketh."
5. In our text we read of Abel. Although thou ...
There are 17693 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.